Monday, January 31, 2011

Kissing in the Sequoias


Seth and I went to Sequoia Park on our most recent trip to Humboldt County with our families to check out this potential ceremony venue and see if it was up to par. As we found out, it most definitely is! The tall Sequoia Redwoods make amazing backdrops, in fact there were almost too many potential sites to consider for the ceremony! 


These trees are out in the front of the park near the gazebo.


These are also right in front of the gazebo area. There would be plenty of room for chairs and guests.



And what's a perfect venue without huge slides?





This may be difficult in a dress.... :)



You can see in this picture, right behind the main park area is a larger forest area that is a lot more wooded.



Momma and Aiden


Sarajane showing off a pretty stump.


These trees looked absolutely breathtaking. I love how they are so symmetrical, tall and pretty. 
We decided that the only possible problem with these beautiful trees, is that we will look very small in comparison.


Trial photo... it's looking pretty good!


And here are some more beautiful trees and potential backdrops if we choose to have the ceremony here!




Isn't Humboldt County wonderful? We love that we're getting married at home, and we're counting down the years until we can move back up here :)

- Tessa & Seth

3 comments:

  1. love love love love LOVE!!!! I think you might definitely have a hard time climbing up the tree in your dress but I think that the one of everyone lined up isn't too bad. It'd work! Love you both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooooo beautiful. Perfect backdrop. I had a dream about you... i don't remember what happened but I just realized - I feel like I talked with you recently and don't think I actually have - so much be a dream. :) Oh well. I'm so excited for you, it looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! This wedding is going to be breathtaking!

    xoxo
    Carmela

    ReplyDelete