Sunday, December 12, 2010

Honeymoon Musings

Seth and I haven't decided yet, where we would like to travel to on our honeymoon, but we both know it's going to be an adventure!

We both shared our first experiences out of the US, when we went to Thailand when we were 16 years old.


The food was AWESOME, and while we both had an amazing time there (and would love to return) we have to pick another spectacular place for our next international venture.

Have you ever seen the movie "The Motorcycle Diaries"? I just LOVE that movie! And if I had it my way, Seth and I would be on a rough and dirty backpacking, hitchhiking, hostel staying, multiple country adventure. It would be cheap, we might be able to catch a better glimpse of the culture, and it would be so totally ideal for me! Fortunately though, I'm not the only one planning on going on this trip, and when I gushed to Seth about my 'awesome idea' he replied honestly "aren't we supposed to get a little pampered on our honeymoon?" Even after I went scene by scene through motorcycle diaries, Seth is pretty hooked on the slightly more comfortable way of adventuring on our honeymoon!

Nothing, however, is set in stone, so until my South American dreams have been completely replaced by the plans we make together, I have compromised a bit and am offering a much more comfortable night under the stars than our backpacking tent:

Introducing the Elqui Domos in Coquimbo, Chile!




The ElquiDomos are geodomes located in the wilderness of the Coquimbo region of Chile! The dome consists of a lofted bed with a detachable roof overhead, allowing the perfect view for stargazing, while maintaining the comfortable commodities inside the room. Downstairs is a livingroom, small kitchen and a bathroom. Included is a walk-around terrace and telescopes to use. Other services are specialized astronomy tours, and nighttime horse rides! So Romantic, right? To me, this sounds like something both Seth and I can get on board with! Plus, I'll be able to show off my Spanish to my new husband! 


What do you think? Where do you think we ought to go? :)

5 comments:

  1. Whatever you do, check out airbnb.com, some amazing places to stay you'd never find otherwise, and some are really inexpensive.
    We went to Mexico because it was cheap and all inclusive. We didn't have time to do a huge month long extravaganza, so we just wanted simple, relaxing and calm. It was perfect. We're saving the intense cultural experiences for when we move overseas for a few months and can really fully process things.
    I'm sure you'll figure out something awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHERE EVER YOU GO.. IM COMING!!!


    bahahahahahahahahahah

    ReplyDelete
  3. I kinda like Australia/New Zealand too though... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey! you're not done with your test yet! :) and me too!!

    ReplyDelete